|Mrs Safiyah Ali (f)|
I'm Safiyah the clinical pharmacist for Stanley Court Surgery. I work directly alongside the GP's and many other health care professionals in our multidisciplinary team, this is to ensure that the medications prescribed for patients contribute to the best possible health outcomes. This relieves the pressure on GP’s time, allows them to focus their skills where they are most needed, for example on diagnosing and treating patients with more complex conditions. With clinical pharmacists being the expertise in medicines this demonstrate a wide variety of roles to ensure patient's care is better co-coordinated.
Some of my roles and responsibilities include-
- In depth structured medication reviews to ensure medicine optimisation meeting the patients' ideas, concerns, expectations and goals
- Review patients on complex medicine regimens
- Evaluate the appropriateness and effectiveness of the patient’s medications.
- Advising the patient on how best to take their medicines
- Supporting the patient with blood pressure queries
- Managing and prescribing for long term condition patients
- Education about maintaining a healthy lifestyle, exercise, diet, smoking cessation etc
Please feel free to book and appointment with myself by ringing reception and booking an appointment.